My name is Mary Seawell and I am running for Denver Board At-Large, because I am committed to excellence in public education. I am devoted to creating a comprehensive, quality K-12 education system in Denver.
* I believe in supporting and strengthening neighborhood district schools.
* I believe Denver must provide a variety of school choices, so students may attend schools where they will be successful.
* I believe charter, innovation and performance schools have an opportunity to be successful. If elected I will work hard to make sure all new schools are strong instructionally and organizationally.
Denver is at a crossroads and I pledge to work as hard as possible to ensure Denver Public Schools provide our children with a world class education. Our kids are depending on it.
I hope to earn your vote and urge you to vote in this crucial election.
More information about Mary and the DPS School Board election:
- Mary’s Questionnaire for school board candidates in Denver Public Schools for EdNewsColorado
- EdNewsColorado Article: Hickenlooper weighs in on DPS races
- Denver Post Article: DPS board candidate profiles
- Denver Post Article: Denver candidate suggests board may close middle school
- Denver 8 TV’s coverage of candidate forums: Denver Decides 2009